I was asked to share my thoughts on where we are now in relation to the end times. I suppose that there are a lot of people wondering about how close we are to seeing the start of the seventieth week of Daniel, the end time seven year period that is commonly referred to as “tribulation”, with conflict escalating in the Mideast. Therefore, it may be best to answer the request I received in an article in case there are other people who are wondering about the same thing.
- Today I’ll try to provide people a sense of where I think we are now in relation to the start of the seventieth week of Daniel.
Two disclaimers before I begin:
- I am not a prophet nor do I claim to be one. Therefore, I can easily be wrong about how close we truly are to the start of the seventieth week of Daniel.
- I will not attempt to address how close I think we are to the Rapture in this article. The reason I will not attempt to address how close I think we are to the Rapture is that the timing of the Rapture is something that there is not agreement on (Pre-Trib vs. Mid-Trib vs. Pre-Wrath vs. Post-Trib).
- I still would not be surprised if there is a major Mideast war in the future that provides the individual who will become the Antichrist an opportunity to gain acclaim by formulating a major Mideast peace deal.
- Whether or not the current tension between Israel and Hamas escalates into a regional war is something that is worth watching for.
- I think global conditions will deteriorate so much in the coming years that a large majority of people who look back at this current time period will think that things were relatively good now.
Although I don’t think the start of the seventieth week of Daniel is imminent, I expect the seventieth week of Daniel to begin well within the lifetime of many people. I honestly think that the start of the seventieth week of Daniel is only less than ten years away…
- If the start of the seventieth week of Daniel is indeed only ten years or less away, then the next several years will be very chaotic. These past couple of years may have been just a small preview of the chaos that will transpire in the world over the next several years.
Again, I’m not a prophet nor do I claim to be one. Thus, there is always the possibility that I can be wrong. I am just providing my opinion, and I hope people have a better idea of how I see things after I’ve expressed my thoughts in this article.
The next article I post should be about Micah chapter 5…